A cover letter is an important addition to your resume. Most companies today require a cover letter when applying for a job. And if they don't, they will be pleasantly surprised by your initiative. A cover letter helps you stand out from other candidates and motivate the recruiter. And this is a guarantee that your resume will be opened and read.
There is only one position, but there are many applicants. If you want to increase your chances, then start writing a cover letter. Perhaps you have doubts why you need it or don't know how to write a cover letter? We are here to help you.
- First, according to the research, recruiting companies are periodically conducted, the first to look at the resume with cover letters, and then everyone else. Therefore, already at this stage of selection, you need to interest the employer. The employer will immediately see that you are not mindlessly sending out your resume to all and sundry, but you are taking a balanced approach to the vacancy.
- Secondly, in a letter you will be able to more widely (as opposed to a resume) talk about your personal qualities and professional achievements.
- Thirdly, when writing such a letter, you can convince the employer why you, and not someone else, should take the position. And here you need to be as convincing as possible so that the employer does not have even a drop of doubt about your candidacy.
If you enter how to make a cover letter for a resume example in the search box, then you will not find much useful information. Of course we are not saying that resume examples are useless, but we want to assure you not to copy everything blindly.
Try to write cover letter in your own words, but stick to the following structure:
Good morning / afternoon evening!
- Contact your prospective employer
A personalized resume always looks good, so be sure to contact the person to whom the letter is addressed by name, surname and the position of the employer at the beginning of the letter. Thus, you show, do not send your resume to everyone, but are interested in this particular vacancy and want to work in this particular company. The name of the employee is often listed on the job posting itself or on the company's corporate website. If the person is not listed in the ad, then do everything in your power to get to fing his or her name.
- The main text of the accompanying foliage consists of three parts:
- The first part should answer the question: "Why are you writing?"
- The second part should answer the question: "Who are you, and why should they hire you?"
- The third part is to say "You are the answer to all their questions." Emphasize the value you can bring to the company.
A resume without a cover letter is like a beautiful woman without embroidery, it seems to be good, but something is missing. Therefore, if you want to make a positive impression, always send a resume with a cover letter, and then the desired goal will be achieved.